December 13, 2009

Is there such a thing as an appropriate desperate measure?



I've found myself in what I assume is not a unique situation for the typical NYC dweller: my neighbors across the alley get in a screaming match every sunday evening, like clockwork. Now, for a moment, this was an interesting part of my New York life, but I've found that recently it's become nothing but depressing and irksome. The fights have flooded over into the weeknights, and I'm tired of hearing it!

So now, feeling quite bad for the lad involved, seeing as he always seems to be the one speaking a bit softer and more forlorn, I'm feeling an urge to interject. This may be difficult considering the decibel and pitch of the (from what I've gathered) wench he's living with, but for arguments' sake, if I could manage to interject...would that be appropriate? One would assume not, their relationship is, in fact, their relationship, but its effecting me now too! And one can only assume the rest of the people on my side of the building who enjoy the cross-breeze of an open window.

Do I say anything? Maybe the third party interruption would jolt them into realizing just how much they're arguing and cause them to either work on it or 86 it...Maybe the wench will just turn her frustrations towards me...? I'm desperate to stop feeling bad for the bloke and I'd love if the woman stopped being the stereotypical "psycho girlfriend", but is this too desperate of a measure? My firey gut says no.

No comments:

Post a Comment