August 31, 2010

Hiking (Up Lex) Boots



No matter how I may try to assimilate completely as a chic New Yorker, I always find myself arriving back upon the fact that a full transformation is impossible, and I would probably be shortchanging myself if I fully crossed over.  From an upbringing in the country where I often looked upon deer in the field, had to slow down to let turkeys cross the road and would sometimes catch a glimpse of the fox, a country style was inevitable.  Barbour coats and hunter boots ran rampant, and I’m sure visitors may have wondered if they were part of the uniform.  I love this casual, rugged part of my town, which is likely why I was so smitten with Tommy Hilfigers Fall 2010 take on the Bean Boot. 


These sassy-chic boots are the perfect marriage of fashion and a rugged country essence.  The booties are perfect for day to day when the weather might be a bit dodgy, and the red oh-so perfectly contrasts with all of the army green we’re seeing this season.  The knee-highs simply shut it down, expedition style.  They entirely blew me away, and are the reason I was on the wait list since July.  I’ll have no trouble styling these with any piece of mine that’s a bit on the country prep side, and love that they are 5th ave worthy as well.  It looks as if my Hunters will be taking a back seat this upcoming fall season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment