August 27, 2012

Happy Accidents & Sentimentality Herbs



I think most foodies will admit that they have a sentimentality herb.  It's the herb that harkens childhood memories and reminds them of the good old days.  Mine is rosemary, but the story of why is for another day. Tonight I used it in a quick marinade for a steak I plan to grill up and place atop a salad for Toph and I tomorrow night.  I had some mincings of it left on the cutting board when I went to cut up half an apple to shmear some PB on before dinner (I mean…something healthy HAD to get in there before dinner at Pies n' Thighs).  Anyway, some of the rosemary mincings were picked up by the apple somewhere between cut to shmear to mouth, and holy happy accident Batman, that was AWESOME.  Sweet crunchy apply with smooth creamy PB is rounded out perfectly with the earthy depth of rosemary.  I highly recommend this if you're looking to kick your healthy snack up a notch.  


Oh and that weird double-handle-rolly-knife looking thing is called a mezzaluna.  It's definitely in my top 10 favorite kitchen gadgets, it's perfect for mincing herbs and super fun to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment