September 2, 2012

Off-The-Cuff Dinner.



 Oftentimes when it comes to my Pinterest account, I pin and repin but never revisit, which is the whole point, right?  Well today, I revisited and utilized, and the result was delish!

Few things peak my pallette's interest like caramelized onions and a runny egg yolk, so when I saw a pin of a fried egg that had cooked inside of a ring of spanish onion, I immediately did a mental inventory of my fridge and pulled out a pan.  


I sliced an onion into about 1/2 inch thick rings, and took the outer 3 layers, laying them in a preheated pan with about a half tsp. of olive oil.  I let one side caramelize a bit, and once I flipped them over, I broke the eggs into them.  I had to pull cooked white away from the ring every so often in order to get the raw white to fall in and cook up, but after about 5 minutes they looked good to go.  


Problem:  this is still a little boring.  I turned off the heat and hunted through the depths of my fridge for some other components.  Out came a handful of watercress, half of a tomato, fresh parmesan and an apple cider rosemary vinaigrette I'd made a few days ago.  bed of watercress, some sliced seeded tomato, a drizzle of the dressing and a hefty grating of parmesan over the eggs and I had a healthy off-the-cuff dinner!  


No comments:

Post a Comment